Parents play a critical role in the development of a junior golfer. From the correct preparation for class to the all-important engagement of establishing goals and the progression towards them, we rely on you to provide the encouragement and support that is so significant in determining the success of your child's love of golf. We are happy to offer some basic tips for parents on how to best support your child in golf as they take part in the U.S. Kids Golf Academy.
- We ask you to: Understand the importance of the right equipment: As the world's leaders in youth golf equipment...We are happy to provide clubs and accessories for our students. In fact, we insist on it. Improperly fit golf equipment can have significant detrimental effects on the success of a developing player. Our clubs are built for speed and accuracy, specially engineered for the growing body of a young player. Many of our students already have equipment. We will be happy to assess their clubs for length and weight. Those that have properly fit clubs are free to use them. However, those that aren't fit correctly, we ask that you use our clubs during class.
- Be involved: Our philosophy is that golf is best learned and loved when parents are involved. Not only do we encourage families to play together, we ask that parents keep up with their children’s goals and progress in the golf learning program. Our learning booklets will provide a curriculum and progress report for your child. Please go over their goals and successes with them before and after each session. Even more, help us understand any challenges you are having with your child's development. Most of all, let us help celebrate and build upon their successes.
- Be a Second-Goal parent through PCA: The U.S. Kids Golf Academy is proud of our partnership with the Positive Coaching Alliance. Our commitment to parental involvement carries the disclaimer that it must done in an encouraging and supportive manner. Though not a requirement, we strongly urge parents to complete the Second-Goal Parent test.
Before your child's first class: Dress them appropriately: Golfers should wear comfortable clothing allowing for free movement.
Boys: All shirts should have collars and be tucked in. Please wear golf appropriate pants (no jeans) or Bermuda length shorts. Golf shoes are encouraged but tennis shoes are fine. We ask that hats be worn with the brim facing forward and removed when indoors.
Girls: Fitted shirts do not have to be tucked in but should be appropriate length. Golf shirts for girls should include sleeves and/or collars. Golf shoes are encouraged but tennis shoes are fine. We ask that hats be worn with the brim facing forward and removed when indoors.
Provided by the U.S. Kids Golf Academy. Learning program, hat, booklet, learning scoreboard, golf tees and practice balls.
Camp Membership & Enrollment
- How do I sign my player up for a camp? You will need to enroll in a Camp Membership and then select your camp class dates. Our flexible scheduling allows you to choose each date or if you have to miss a day, you can reschedule. You are able to reserve classes consecutively during a week or randomly throughout the summer.
- First, your will need to purchase the Camp Membership. You can find this in the “Prices/Packages” section, under Camps. Select “Sign Up” and follow the steps to complete your enrollment.
- Already an Academy member? Login to your account profile and select “Camps” from the “Prices/Packages” section. You will then select the family member from the drop down and complete the enrollment information.
- Second, reserve your camp classes. Note: All eligible camp classes are denoted in Green on the Academy Calendar. You can also select “Camps” from the Calendar options to view only eligible classes.
Camp Classes can be reserved a few different ways:
- Select the class you want to attend from the Academy calendar. Simply select the blue “Reserve” button under the class information. Reserving for a family member, no problem! Select the family member from the drop down then select the blue “Reserve” button.
- In your account profile, select “Reservations” from the menu. You will see a “Reserve Class Times” link at the bottom of the page. Click on this link to view the Academy calendar. Select the class you want to attend from the calendar and simply select the blue “Reserve” button under the class information.
To ensure you the flexibility, each camp class will need to be reserved individually through this process.
During the Class
- Do you hold class if it’s raining? If it is raining we will go inside and work out and utilize indoor training methods. If the weather is dangerous we may cancel and notify you via the contact info we have in file.
- What’s the dress code for students? Dress code is golf course attire which would include collared shirts for the boys, a collared shirt or shirt with sleeves for girls - and comfortable soft soled shoes.
- Can I split a package of classes among my children? Unfortunately when you purchase a package, it is assigned to one student. This is possible – Do we want to offer? (The Admin can set-up shared memberships, not the customer.)
- Is it ok if I watch and listen as you teach my child? Absolutely! I want you to be a great co-coach and echo the message the coach is teaching.
- Is it ok if I drop my child off and run some errands? Absolutely! You'll be able to track progress on line.
- Do you provide drinks/snacks? Water is always nearby for hydration/Not normally, although we might have a healthy snack on special occasions. Never a sugary drink or snack though.
- How do I know if my child should go through the intro class or the advanced class? The player may skip intro class if they can shoot scores of better than double par consistently from an appropriate tee. If they have not played enough to know, then they should start an intro class. If the instructor sees that that they are ready for advanced class we'll tell you.
- My child has a teacher that they see already, is it ok to enter a USKG academy too? Absolutely! Our instructors teach using ball flight and results. (For example, if the task was to pitch a ball in the air and the student can only roll the ball, we will teach them to hit it in the air) Occasionally, we may say something differently than their teacher or have a different method we prefer but we are all after the same result. Your child's teacher can contact us anytime in order to be on the same page.
Managing my Account & Reservations
- I purchased a membership, now what?
Welcome to the Academy! The next step is to “Reserve” the classes you wish to attend. Classes can be reserved a few different ways:
Select the class you want to attend from the Academy calendar. (If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so). Simply select the blue "Reserve" button under the class information. Reserving for a family member? No problem! Select the family member from the drop down, then select the blue "Reserve" button.
In your account profile, select “Reservations” from the menu. You will see a “Reserve Class Times” link at the bottom of the page. Click on this link to view the Academy calendar. Select the class you want to attend from the calendar and simply select the blue “Reserve” button under the class information.
Download the Mobile App, Zen Planner. Enter your Academy login information to access the class calendar. Select “Reserve” next to the class you wish to attend.
- How do I see my schedule? Your reservations can be found in your account profile, in the section “Reservations.” All upcoming reservations are listed. If you are inquiring about your child or additional family member, select “My Family” from the menu, select the family member and then select “Reservations” from the menu.
- You can also view reserved classes on the calendar in your account. Each reserved class is denoted by a star next to the class name. You can also use the calendar to toggle between the family members in your account to see each individual’s reservations.
- How do I cancel my membership? To cancel or change memberships, you will need to contact the Academy Director, Jim Hardy. Cancellation fees will apply. – Need a policy to be listed in the policies section.
- How do I cancel my class reservation? Your reservations can be found in your account profile, in the section “Reservations.” All upcoming reservations are listed. Select the class you wish to cancel from then select the red “Cancel” button under the class information on the next page.
- How do I “Check-in” for my class? You can “check-in” for your reserved class at the IPad Kiosk located in the Longleaf Golf Shop. Simply type in your name and select “check-in.” If you unable to “check-in” prior to your class please let your instructor know.
- Where do I “track my progress?” You progress through the curriculum can be found in your account profile in the section “Manage Results.” If you are tracking the progress of your child or additional family member, select “My Family” from the menu and then “Manage Results.”